Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPES 7 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

comsys

Programmer
Nov 7, 2003
US
Hello All,

I'm having an issue installing PPES 7 on Win'2000 server while its transferring files, setup says cannot proceed and setup cancelled.
I have looked at the event viewer, it seems like the installation process trying to create virtual directory(Cognos) with path C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer1\webcontent

My question is should we have to create these virtual directories manually thru IIS..or Setup installs on its own? Please let me know and yor help is appreciated.

Thanks

They will not get created in IIS by the setup. You will have to create them on their own. If you are 'installing' from the CD, the only thing that is happening is the transfer of files into the proper directory structure. There is no actual 'install' happening until you do an apply in Configuration Manager. Only then will registry entries be created, services get registered, etc.

flex

might be cd not reading well, just dump the files into ur hdd and try to install. hope this will work.

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at the installation summary logs, it was trying to extract cab file that starts with enda***ver* file. I did not see this file in the CD, there is only one that starts with enda**, original CD does not have the file was listed in the summary log. I would have to try again.. I may need your help to resolve this issue.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back