Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerVault Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK

MIS
Jun 28, 1998
US
Just wanted to see if anyone out there had any experience with the Clariion systems more specifically as they are OEMed as Dell PowerVaults? I have been using them for about 4 months and they have been a lot more reliable than the normal SCSI based external storage. The software that comes with it has been a little difficult but I wanted to see if anyone could swap experiences, challenges, solutions with them. PK

Which version of the software are you using? I dont use the DELL version of the product (I dont know if DELL OEM or rebadge the CLARiiON software) I have been using DOS DassManager and ArrayGUIde also the later versions of Navisphere with some newer FibreChannel Drives.

I am pretty sure that Dell uses a hacked up version of HP open view to manage their PowerVault SCSI devices.

Yeah, I have about 2.5 years experience with the Dell solution. It basically is a branded application from DG prior to the EMC takeover. The software is a pure d bear to work with but it seems to be very stable. Have only dropped the clusters once with the FC and about 12 times with the Dell Scsi devices. From what I have seen, the EMC software is taking both the GUI and HP hacks and translating them to the EMC brand.

I have a clariion sytem and am trying to connect it to a Win2k server. Where do I get software for this? I have DassManager, but having trouble getting it to work properly. I would like to find ArrayGUIde or the later EMC stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back