Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerTCP problem in CF 4.0 server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateekf

Programmer
Apr 6, 2000
US
Hi there!<br><br>In my coldfusion application, I need to send mails to more<br>than 100 email addresses, which is implemeted using cfmail.<br>But it is not working, and I get this errror:<br>&quot;Recipients are limited to 40 ... aborting mail&quot;<br><br>I searched in the allaire.com site, about any possible fix.<br>But couldn't find any. I am using CF Server 4.0 on Win NT<br>platform.<br><br>Any help will be really apppreciated.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Prateek

Yes, that is correct. (sad, but true.) To paraphrase Henry Ford, you can have as many recipients as you want, as long as the number is not greater than 40.&nbsp;&nbsp;ALthough it generates a much higher load on the mail server, what I've done is to do a CFLOOP with the CFMAIL nested inside it, and do one CFMAIL per recipient.

Heck, I've sent email with a single CFMAIL to well over 10,000 addresses at once for different newsletters...&nbsp;&nbsp;Is it possible that you're being limited by your ISP???<br><br>If so, dbarnhart's CLOOP will take care of the problem, although it'll probably take several times longer to run your template.&nbsp;&nbsp;(A couple hundred shouldn't be too much of a load, though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back