Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennik

Programmer
May 16, 2002
AU
Does anyone know if it is possible to distribute a powerpoint presentation with powerpoint2002 functionality without users having to have powerpoint on their machines to view the presentation?????

Thanks...I have tried this but the Pack and Go that comes with Powerpoint XP actually uses the powerpoint97 viewer and thus I loose all the added functionality that comes with powerpoint XP.

Jennik,
The link given above will allow you to download the viewer.

The bad news is that Microsoft has not created a new viewer for powerpoint that supports the new features. The viewer you download is still the 97 viewer. It will not be capable of running any of the new exit animations or custom paths, and most of the other new stuff. It will substitute animations for things it can't do.

I also found this to be a hassle. So, before I create my presentations I make sure I know what version of the software I will have access to run the presentation. MS offer the alternative of saving your presentation as a web presentation. This will not fix all of the issues either, but can be a better alternative if you don't have PP on the machine at all.
This site talks about the issue in more detail:
Hope this helps - and good luck.
AngO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back