Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint Table to Word Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomirage

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
hello every one,
I am having a litle annoyance i want help with.
I have a powerpoint presentation with table that i want to bring in word. But when i try to copy and paste or sent to word trough the file/send to menu it come under an object format (picture exactly) instead of a table which i can edit.

Can anyone help me on how to extract the information in the powerpoint table to edit in a standard word document table ?

A coleague created the powerpoint file and i have to edit in word.
Thank you.

Hi gomirage,
What version are you using? What happens if you just click on the table in PowerPoint to select it, copy and paste into Word? That worked in my 2002 version.
Best,
BlueHorizon

If i copy it and paste to word it brings a table with shapes in each cell.
I think it is because the table is made in powerpoint instead of embedded word table

i am using office 2002

Hi again,
Try this: Copy the table in PowerPoint. In Word, click on Edit menu and select Paste Special. Select Formatted Text RTF. See if that inserts it the way you want it.
BlueHorizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back