Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

powerpoint slideshows only run in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyes1965

Technical User
May 12, 2001
GB
One pc only = when any slide show run, the show runs (can hear the sounds) but powerpoint minimizes to the tool bar and the slides dont show. All you see is the desktop wallpaper.

I am stumped

Can you explain more what you did? what version as well please.

If you have the ppt file, and you save as a pps file, this is what happens? There should be no toolbar if you create a pps. It should just run.

If you are preview the slide show and this is happening, I would try detect and repair from powerpoint help, you will need the office cds. It might be a bug that needs fixing.

hope that helps some.

ps you could always try pack and go and see if that fixes the issue.

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

Do the following:
1. Open presentation in PowerPoint.
2. Select "Slide Show" | "Set Up Show..." menu item.
3. Select "Primary monitor" in "Show on" box.
4. Click OK.

When you now start the slide show, it should display on your monitor.

It seems your machine has the ability to display to multiple monitors. To know more about it, visit:

Multiple Monitor Tutorial at:

Using such a machine with PowerShow add-in at has many advantages if you connect a second monitor to it. Look at the following links:

Use slide sorter view to change the slide on slide show

See formatted notes on laptop while projecting slide show

Simultaneous multi-language slide shows

Span slide shows vertically

Thank you to chiragd for the reply which I have just used to solve this problem at a client's site. Just goes to show that searching this site pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back