Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint slide order

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpinto

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
In powerpoint how can I bring up a slide and animate in the first bullet, then jump to a descriptive slide for that bullet and then jump back to the first slide and bring up the next bullet and so on and so forth.

Or action buttons, accessible from the Slide Show menu.

Barborne
Worcester
UK

Here's a trick you can do on one slide. Let's say you have a first level bullets with alot of second levels. There's not enought room on the slide to show all of them together, so you can show a first level, the second levels will then appear. They will then disappear with a click and the next first level will show and their second level's will appear. Etc. Here's the instructions. If you need an example, email me at fneily@hotmail.com and I'll send you an example.

Create A Bullet Slide. Type in the first level bullet and one second level bullet. Right click on the border and select Copy. Reduce the size of the border so only the two bullets fit in it. Click below this box to Deselect it and then right click your mouse and select Paste. Move this box beneath the first. Click below this box to deselect and then right click your mouse and again select Paste. Move this box below the second. Repeat this procedure 3 more times.
Select the first box and delete the second level bullet. Do the same for the second and third boxes. Also, type in the bullet you want to present.
For the 4, 5, and 6th boxes, delete the first level bullet. Type in the second levels you want to present.
Click on the 4th box and move the second level bullets beneath the first box that contains the first level bullet. Do this with the remaining second level boxes and their corresponding first level. It will be hard to read.
Right click on one of the boxes and choose Custom Animation. Set all first level boxes to Appear, Don’t Dim, On Mouse Click.
Set the first two second level boxex to Appear, Hide On Next Mouse Click, Automatically, 1 second.
Set the last second level box to the same except make it Don’t Dim.

Neil

I also have one that has the bullets or buttons down the left hand side in a pane and when you do a mouse over, a more detailed description appears on the right hand side pane and you can also click on the button to jump to a slide for a broader description. Again, if you want to see an example, email me at fneily@hotmail.com

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back