Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint -- Play video and slideshow simultaneously 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RISTMO

Programmer
Nov 16, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm trying to make a presentation where there's a video playing on the right throughout the entire presentation and the slides are moving on the left. Is this possible? Someone mentioned the idea of keeping everything on one frame and somehow dynamically updating the text on the left.....

Is it possible to get this effect?

Thanks,
Rick

P.S. Stars to whoever can get me a solution soonest!

Use the FREE Microsoft Producer. It is an add-in for Power Point. Search it a the Office website.

I also found a nice book for a cheap price on Amazon for Microsoft Producer. It is called

'Creating Dynamic Presentations with Streaming Media'
by Microsoft Press

Hope this help!

RISTMO,

If you put the video clip on the "slide master" (View > Master > Slide Master), then you can set "custom animation" on the video clip to "continue slide show for x slides".

That way you can view a sequence of text slide, and the video will quite happily play wherever you place it.

Just don't get the text on top of the video, as the video will play 'on top' of the text.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds

Hi,

I am trying to play a video (mpeg) in a powerpoint presentation with text over the top.
However, when playing the slideshow, the movie always defaults to playing over the top of the text.

Please help

Kind regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back