Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint newbie - can I loop through images on a slide 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslrN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
We are using Powerpoint 2002 and I have created only 1 Powerpoint before. The idea I have for a Powerpoint presentation I want to show is probably advanced for my level.

Within my powerpoint presentation I would like one of the slides to act like some web page setups meaning. I have about 10 photos that I would like to loop through until the last photo is reached and when it is I would last the loop to stop and the last thing that appears on the page to say Can you guess who I am?

First, can this be done. Next can it only be done using Macromedia Flash? If so, we do not have that at my job. If that is the best way is there some type of trick that can get someone close to the same idea?

Thanks, in advance, for the advice.

Oh yes and can a specific amount of time be set?

Let me see if I understand you:

You would like to have a slide show which contains 10 slides, each slide contains a photo and the 11th slide would contain the text: "Can you guess who I am?"

If that is what you are trying to accomplish then you could use PP.
Right click on the first slide, select Slide Transition.
On the Slide Transition panel, unclick the "On mouse click" check box and place a check in the "Automatically after" box, select a time in the listbox...
Click the "Apply to All Slides" button so that the configuration is the same on all slides.

Also, you can modify the Speed as well....

Let me know if this helps.

Oh I made a mistake - 10 "slides" should have been 10 "images" looping through on one slide.

Thanks for the feedback though. My mistake (a major one).

Simple.

Go to "Slideshow" on the tool menu, then "Custom Animation

What's the difference between looping between 10 slides each with their own image or one slide with 10 images superimposed? Separate slides would be easier to create and maintain.

Hmm..if I were to use 10 individual slides wouldn't I have to click the keyboard to move to each slide and wouldn't it look like the slides are changing? That is not the effect I want. I want to look, for example, as it would if I were on a web page and there is a box or location with imagines that keep playing over and over again. Except in my case I only want the imagines to play once.

I guess you didn't read the posts by flat2 and mintjulep. And you don't have a PowerPoint basic book. You can have the slides AUTOMATICALLY change. That's what they were telling you to do. Also, you could use a fade out/fade in effect which would look slick. You must be CREATIVE! So, again, you'd set up the first 10 slides to AUTOMATICALLY change, then the 11th slide would ask your question.

Not that I did not read them it is more like when you are not familiar with something and the sources provided to you are useless it is a little more difficult to grasp. Remember I have only created one presentation. Now if we were talking about Excel, I would have caught A LOT quicker.

Thanks for clearing things up for me. I will give it a test drive.

Thank you all. I finally got an opportunity to get back to this and by using your advice was able to do exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back