Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

powerpoint multiple display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomvdduin

Programmer
Sep 29, 2002
NL
Hi!

I own a ATI Radeon VE graphic card, with dual outputs. I want to have the powerpointscreen on the first screen, and the presentation itself on the second screen. Only Powerpoint XP doesn't enable the multiple monitor option in the slide-show preferences. That's why I can't get the above configuration working.

Any ideas? I'm using Powerpoint XP, Win2k, the newest drivers, the newest ATI controlpanel and the newest version of HydraVision (3).

It won't do it. PPT is not built to work that way. I have tried it and failed repeatedly. You must want to use it for a live presentation. The only option is to purchase an "industrial strength" presentation program, but you'll pay $$$ for it. Although I know there are programs that WILL do this, I don't know what they are. You may have to ask the experts out there for a recommendation.

Tnx DblClick, but I think I stick with PowerPoint...

btw, I've worked it out: the problem is that win2k doesn't support dual head displays. For some chipsets there are workarounds, but switching to win98 seems a better possibillity for me.

greetz

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back