Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint hangs when converting to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvfelton

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
US
Greetings,

We are using Office 2000, SP1 on a W2k system and Adobe Acrobat Pro v6.0. When one user tries to convert a file to a PDF document, the progress bar pops up and the application hangs (nothing in the event log). You must go into Task Manager and end the application.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall both PP and Acrobat, with no luck.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Acrobat 6.0?

I would edit the conversion settings to produce the smallest file size possible. How large are the native PPT files?

Powerpoint to PDF conversion can be hairy - especially with huge files.

Also, are you "saving as" PDF, or printing to a PDF? That can make a big difference.

If it continues to fail, you might try a freeware or shareware third party converter.

Google PPT to PDF and you'll find a million.

I know that's not ideal since you have a full version of Acrobat, but sometimes it's the only way to get the output you need.

Thank you for the information. The PPT files are 10 Meg+, so I guess we're going to have to try something else. The funny thing is that up until about a week ago, the conversion process was working great. It works on other desktops, just not this one.

How is the virtual memory on the offending computer?

You might try upping it a little to see if that helps. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back