Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint for Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulajune

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hi, Folks.

I'm looking for a way to display PowerPoint on the web with the highest quality possible while still retaining animation and transitions. What I've tried so far was either great resolution with no animation/transitions or reduced quality with those features. Here's what I've tried so far:
Windows Media Video – aesthetic quality is poor, but animations and transitions work

Broadcast Slide Show – Windows Live – only works for broadcasting one time, but fantastic quality

MS Skydrive - not all transitions and animations work; diminished visual quality in animated text

Slideshare - does not support transitions/animations

Leawo PowerPoint to Video Free – visual quality is as poor as Windows Media Video

Save as .ppsx - on web, prompts user to open or save as .ppsx file, but does not open in slideshow mode

I thought perhaps there was another website like Slideshare that I haven't heard about.

Thank you so much.

Perhaps you could use CamStudio or Snagit to record the presentation playing on your screen and post the resultant video to the web.

Thank you, Mintjulep! I will try those. I saw another application that would record presentations, but user feedback said quality wasn't great. But I just looked up CamStudio, and there seem to be methods to getting high quality. Really appreciate the help.

Hello again. I finally tried CamStudio and am having trouble with quality. The animation is jerky and what started as beautiful photos are pixelated. But people seem to swear by the program for PowerPoint, so I'm figuring I either need to change settings or save as another file type. Default file type is .avi. I went to Options > Video Options > and raised quality to 100, but no diff. I used a tutorial I found online to help me through the basic steps, but the author has us clicking to advance slides while in record mode. My presentation is already in an automatic mode, so I recorded as Slideshow > From Beginning and the slides advanced automatically with transitions and all. Maybe that has something to do with it? I found a CamStudio support forum, but need an invitation to post, which I've sent for. But wondering if anyone from here has answers since I have time to work on this today. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back