Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint Font and background conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroppy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
AU
Hello all,

This is a PPT 97 & 2000 question. At work we have 2 PPT Templates, both with problems.

The most annoying one is this: When entering text into the main text box, the "selection shading" is the same colour as the text, so the text can't be seen as it is being entered. The "Selection Shading" is the same colour as the back-ground. So,the background is blue, the next layer on top is white, the first level text is Blue (same as the background. So, when typing this blue text, the text is "selected" in the same blue shade.

How do I change that selection shading? I've fixed a few problems but not this one.

Any assistance appreciated, thanks
M

I would be inclined to change your default text colour. Then change it to the colour you want after all the text (the important bit after all) within Selection has been entered.

Thanks to both of you. Either solution will work. I am (was) hoping for some sort of solution as in word, where field shading can be deselected. But then, as the link provided by Garridon explains, the background comes to the fore ...

Well, who knows what answer may come along ... but for now, either of those will do depending on the context.

Thanks again

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back