Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint Custom Timing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahnsm

MIS
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have an image on my title slide that "pinwheels" in. I want the animation to repeat itself periodically. All I can find is where it will repeat over and over. Is there any way I can make the animation Pinwheel in at the opening of the slide, and then repeat the animation every Minute?

Any ideas?
Sadie

Using PowerPoint user interface, you can do this with two identical images:
1. The first image should be set to arrive using the pinwheel effect at 0 timing. It should be set to exit after 60 seconds using disappear.
2. The second image should be set to arrive using the pinwheel effect with a delay of 60 seconds, repeat until next slide, start after previous (1).

Using VBA, this can be done with a single image.

- Chirag

OfficeOne Animations - Add over 50 animation effects to PowerPoint

Thank you for your help. I set my animation like you suggested. The second image waits the 60 seconds and then starts "pinwheeling" but doesn't stop spinning. I would like for it to Pinwheel in, wait 60 seconds and then Pinwheel in again. I need this to happen until next slide.
I am familiar with VBA but have only used it in Excel and Access. Do you know the code I can use to make this happen in PowerPoint??
Thanks
Sadie

The following code would help:

---
Sub RepeatPinwheel(ByVal Sld As Slide, ByVal Shp As Shape)
Dim Eff As Effect
Dim AB As AnimationBehavior

Set Eff = Sld.TimeLine.MainSequence.AddEffect(Shp, msoAnimEffectPinwheel)
Set AB = Eff.Behaviors.Add(msoAnimTypeSet)
AB.Timing.TriggerDelayTime = 5
End Sub

Sub ApplyRepeatPinwheel()
With ActiveWindow.Selection
RepeatPinwheel .SlideRange(1), .ShapeRange(1)
End With
End Sub
---

Select the image and then run the ApplyRepeatPinwheel() macro. This would add the pinwheel effect to the image. Set it to repeat until next slide through PowerPoint user interface.

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple shows simultaneously

Chirag:
You are amazing!! The code works perfectly!! Thank you so much for your help!
Sadie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back