Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint autorunning in an email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybundles

Technical User
Nov 12, 2008
GB
Can anyone help with this cheesy query? (It's that time of year) I want to make/send a type of ecard. I have a PPT presentation, 2 pages. If possible I want to put it in an email, so that when the email is opened the ppt slides will run. Without having to have PPT on the receivers PC.

I have been asked nicely for this by a friend, so I am asking nicely regardless of your thoughts on this, an answer or hints would really be appreciated. I don't want to try a Flahs alternative.

Thanks in advange Johnny.

Well, with security vulnerabilities in Office that are often patched late, I'm not so sure that MS would allow an autorun type deal with PowerPoint, nor am I sure they should.

Sadly, you have to also consider security today as well as ease of use.

Instead of having it autoplay, you could simply instruct the email recipients of how to open or save it to their computer.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thanks, I've done some thinking about this, and I'm going to load a flash card I made to a 'safe' site. Then send the link in a mail, and they can choose to follow or ignore.
Thanks again

Yes, that's probably the best route, unfortunately. You have to think more on the security side than usability side in a day when viruses, malware, phishing, etc, are so common.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back