Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint 2003 & PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
An instructor has PPT 2003 slides available on Blackboard (a Course Management System) but they open with the PPT software, allowing students to change the presentation - not a good thing!

Blackboard issues aside, I'm wondering if there's a way to save PPT presentations (PDF?) to insure that a viewer won't be able to edit?

Thanks!

hello

i use blackboard, and although the student CAN change it, it'd probably not be in their interests to change their lecturer's notes...and in any case, even if the student changes, it they cannot upload or replace the lecturer's original file..

if you want them to just be able to view it instead of downloading you could save the file as a pps (ppt show) which'll play by default instead of open/download. but again, if a student really wants to, they can download this.

yep, pdf would probably be the way to go. we use docuPrinter as our main pdf creator, it can pdf from any office app

good luck with it

frainbreeze

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

Thanks, frainbreeze, for your reply! We don't have docuPrinter here - does anyone know if it's worth looking at Acrobat Pro 6 for saving PPT as PDF.

hello

if you just want to convert files to pdf, then i wouldnt splash out on the full Adobe Acrobat, it comes with a ton of other features that'd just go to waste if all you do is convert.

there's a million products out there that are purely for conversion, just google for "PDF converter" and you'll see what i mean.

just my £0.02

frainbreeze

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

Something simple but possibly useful, why not chang it to read-only?
frainbreeze's suggestion of saving as a PowerPoint show is a great idea. Also, 2003, you can Package as a CD (File>Package as a CD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back