Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint 2003: how to jump to # when using presenter tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsakaWebbie

Programmer
Feb 11, 2003
JP
I just upgraded from Powerpoint 2000 to 2003. Overall I like the new Presenter Tool that is offered to help with running slideshows in dual monitor mode. But one function that seems to not be available is the ability to type the number of a slide and hit Enter, and have it jump to that slide (it ignores the number and just responds to the Enter key, moving to the next slide). Is there a way to jump to a slide by number, without disabling the Presenter Tool altogether?

I don't think the Presenter feature offers this. You might want to look at PowerShow add-in at - it enables you to do that. It also allows you to navigate your slide show using the slides in the slide sorter view. So, you can see your slide and then click it to make the projector navigate to that slide directly. No need to remember slide numbers.

- Chirag

Shortcut Manager - Assign keyboard shortcuts to menu items and macros

Thanks, Chirag. PowerShow definitely looks... er, powerful! [wink] However, the only feature we would normally use that the Presenter doesn't have is the number jump, and after just last week buying a new notebook computer and a pile of software, an extra $100 is just not in the budget, and there would also be some chance that it wouldn't run with the Japanese version of Powerpoint, which is what we use.

As for seeing the slides and clicking on them to jump, the Presenter Tool also has that feature, but when one is selecting a slide of song lyrics from a file containing hundreds of them, scrolling down the thumbnail list which only shows about 5 at a time would be cumbersome. We don't need to memorize the numbers - we have a printed index.

I guess if we want to use the Presenter, we'll just have to make custom slide shows, or separate presentations with the songs we want, each time. Or we can turn off Presenter if we need to run without such prep. Thanks for the answer - even though "no" isn't my favorite word, at least I know, so I don't have to keep looking for which combination of keystrokes would get the Presenter to cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back