Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerplay Excel Add in

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrixharrison

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
CA
Where can I get a cognos powerplay excel add in? I know it exist somewhere online. Please inform me to where I can get this add in to add into excel.

Thanks

If you have PowerPlay Client in workstation, you probably have Excel add-in there. If not, it is in the installation media where your PP Client was.

You just have to define it in Excel. Tools / Add-Ins, Browse and locate Program files\cognos\cerN\bin, select the file called PPXLServer.xla

Cheers

[blue]Backup system is as good as the latest recovery[/blue]

Thanks yksvaan.

I did that, got excel popping up all the ppx files in but here is a problem I have now...

somehow the powerplay reports that I have amalgamated/accumulated categories are not popping up in xls but if powerplay report is saved as xls file then it should pop up.

I need these reports to refresh inside my excel report template as I have calculations with other numbers within the report.

Currently analyst run this report through copy and pasting numbers from various powerplay reports and run calculations inside the excel file.

My task is to automate it properly. Some instances some reports have data popping up as 'error' instead of numbers and yet the numbers can be viewed properly when it is saved as an xls file or open under powerplay.

I really need help on this. I fear I might have to hard code xml string lines into the vb module to correct this. So any advice?

I am still having errors on some of the powerplay reports when viewed in Excel does anyone have a solution or reason to why these sort of problems are happening?

I just started using this function and so far it has been worthless for me. I am forced to save the powerplay reports into excel formats then link the excel sheets to these other excel sheets.

If I could get this working then I have only one excel spreadsheet to worry about and I could get the data updated without creating a macro that runs the powerplay report (in cognos) first then saving as xls format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back