Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerMac 7100 No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxx77

MIS
Mar 6, 2001
US

I have a Power Mac 7100. A user had it on its side and kicked it over. Now it won't power up. I changed the power supply but still no power. Is there a fuse or something? What am I missing?

Check to make sure all the cables are all plug in correct inside the machine!! Use the keyboard to switch on. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

The only fuse is in the PSU. The logic board may have been damaged. Has the RAM come unseated?

Remove all drive cables (external and internal) and try to start the computer. Do you get a chime? have you reset the PRAM (hit the power key and press command + Option + P + R hold these keys down. You will hear another chime keep holding down the keys. Hold them down until after you have heard the chime 4 times)? Have you check the voltage on the battery? if the battery looks like a little AA battery the voltage 3.6 if it is a little black box with a black and red wire comming out of it it will be 4.5. If you get a chime and no video it is a dead battery if you get no chime no power indicator than you probably have a dead board (only becuase you stated you replaced the PS). Try this and let me know what happens. Once I was lost and now I am found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back