Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powering down DEFINITY gracefully 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtophones1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
Does anybody have a procedure to power down DEFINITY gracefully, and if there are any special procedures to powering it back up? We are having power maintenance and in the past, the plug was simply pulled (never a good idea).

After doing any announcement/system backups you may require, shutting down any MAPD or Audix etc you may have, ensure PPN is turned off first before EPNs.

When powering up turn the PPN on last.

That's about all I can think

What kind of Definity and voice mail do u have and do u have and more than one cabinet?

Orypecos:

Not sure what DEFINITY I have (how do I check?), I have two cabinets, have AVAYA for voice mail with Conversant.

easiest and quickest way if you are unsure is to type "newterm" at the command line, copy and paste the result into a post. (Will look like below)

System: G3rV11 Software Version: R011r.03.0.526.5

Just a word of caution. Call your carriers and Avaya. They will see your equipment go away and start calling. Also I had my local carrier busy out my DID's once and it took a papal order to undo the busyout.

Just someone who's been there

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

With a csi just remove the power lead from the rear of the cabinet once you have backed up and shut down your adjuncts. Do you have emergency transfer? If not don't worry, if you do, set the "EMER TR" switch to ON on the processor.

That's a good idea from 1a22ip as well, before you power down, I'd inform them so they know to expect downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back