Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerHA Add disk to Volume Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

aixohmy

Technical User
Jan 25, 2011
US
Hi,

I am looking to add some additional luns to our current POWERHA Cluster using Enhanced Concurrent Volume Groups. We currently have 2 nodes in our cluster that are sharing the same luns from a DS8700 SAN. I am familiar with working with LV's and VG's. I am however unsure of the correct procedure for adding the actual luns to the cluster.
Would one use the usual cfgmgr command to scan the bus on both nodes, and then go about the business of adding luns to VG? Or is there a better procedure?

Any help/links would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.

run an cluster verification, and backup. present the luns, on inactive node, run cfgmgr, and assign PVID's to each disk, then on the other node, run cfgmgr and verify PVID and hdisks match, then use the smitty spot to do vg and lvm work. if you are adding lots of LUNS you may want to add a few at a time. when complete run another cluster backup.

Tony ... aka chgwhat

When in doubt,,, Power out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back