Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poweredge 2600 and APC Smart UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameskdc

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2000
US
We've got a Poweredge 2600 Server and an APC Smart UPS. Have installed Powerchute, and it is configured to shutdown the server when Battery Life has almost run out. It is also set to restart the server when power has resumed.

Shutdown occurs normally, but when power comes back on, the server requires a manual power on. I did some research and it looked like there were supposed to be 3 BIOS settings on the Poweredge to Never start on power available, Always start on Power available, or resume last state. It appears that I need to make sure it is "Resume last state". When I go into setup on a reboot <F2>, I can't find this selection. Am I just being too dense here? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you waiting long enough? The powerchute software has an option to start the server once the battery has recharged to x% (mine is set to 15%).

In the Powerchute console, under Shutdown - Power Failure. Check the setting: When power returns, reboot UPS.

I never had to monkey with the settings in the bios (well, not on a server, but workstations, the settings you described are there).

Hope this helps.

Did you find a solution for this?
I have the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back