Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poweredge 2550 Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raaudia4

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
US
The yellow light on the front of the server is flashing. I ran the diagnostics and the result was the Embedded Server Management ESM2 BP primary sensor check failed. Does anyone know how to correct this problem. I've checked Dell's website and I could not find how to correct the problem.

Since the BP is conected to the hard drives this could be caused by either a hard drive or backplane issue. You could try the following
1: Check if any hard drives have been lost from the raid

if this is ok then
2: reboot the server at post check that the backplane esm firmware is persent

if this is ok then
3: try reseating all cables & hard drives to the backplane

let us know how you get on

Thanx for the reply. 1 of the 5 HD is offline and I think it is toasted. I will replace the HD and see if that corrects the problem. Can I replace the HD with a smaller capacity HD and still run some type of raid?? Again thanx for the reply.

OK, I replaced the defective HD and the yellow light is still flashing. I ran the diagnostics and this is the result:

Embedded Server Mgmt - ESM2 BP Primary Sensor Check : Fail
Device: Embedded_Server_Mgmt Test: ESM2_BP_Primary_Sensor_Check
Release: 1060 Module(s): Esm2
Msg: An important event was detected in the ESM log. Critical error on entry
75 of 115. SMB event was reported for PS 1 Status sensor with a value of
FF02h.

I've searched Dell's website and I am still unable to correct the problem. Any suggestions or advice??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back