Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POWEREDGE 2300 MOTHER BOARD SPECS

Status
Not open for further replies.

APOSTLE

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
HI, EVERYONE I'M NEW TO THE FORUM AND I WILL APPRECIATE ANY HELP I CAN RECIEVE. MY FIRST QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH MEMORY THE BOARD SUPPORTS(POWEREDGE 2300),SECONDLY UP TO WHAT PROCESSOR SPEED. I AM CURRENTLY USING DUAL P3 450 Mhz PROCESSORS. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

Hi

I've done a fair bit of playing with these machines:

Max CPU Speed : 1Ghz (100mhz chip)

Max RAM : 1024meg

Depending on the chipset you can use 133mhz ram, as long as the dimm in slot1 is a 100mhz chip.

Hope that helps

Rob

THANKS BRAVO,
THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL INFO, ALTHOUGH I'M WONDERING IF I SHOULD'VE MENTIONED THAT IT'S A SLOT 1 PROCESSOR? WEIRD-(Depending on the chipset you can use 133mhz ram, as long as the dimm in slot1 is a 100mhz chip).
BUT ANY HOW GREAT INFO .

There are 2 different chipsets used on the different 2300's I think one is a BX and the other is a GX

The GX is obviously newer and is more forgiving of memory type. Email me directly if you want more information.

HI, EVERYONE I'M NEW TO THE FORUM,

where i can bravo2zero email? I have few question about PE 2300/350 max CPU. You have used 1GHz secc2 cpu or 1GHZ fcpga throught fcpga-slot1 reduction? how to switch server mainboard in this case? can you post Cpuz tool report for your case? Thanks for reply

Jerabkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back