Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powered By to Server Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiris

Programmer
Jun 27, 2012
US
I've opened an Avaya ticket but I'm curious if anyone has tried pointing a Powered By IPO server to a local webLM licensing source with success

I'm getting tired of migrating these customers to new servers and have a very large migration coming up. If there is any way to keep the servers and just repoint the licensing (and not have issues) that would be great. I think the software might be slightly different though...

In this case the Powered By server is 11.0.4.7 and would become server edition select on the same version using the local webLM 127.0.0.1 with PLDS licensing. Ideally it would also be upgradable to 11. (which isn't supported with Powered By). This server is virtualized in AWS

Thanks for any insight or let me know if you have tried it.

Other posts mention things not working if coming from Powered By to Non-select. Wondering about migrations to select though (still may not work) or just pointing to local webLM. At some point I may try it but don't have a test system to try it with quite yet

We tried it once and failed as apparently the image is different for poweredby so you have to reinstall it as server in the AWS environment and then upload a backup which is faster and works.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Sounds good--thanks! So make a new server and then can send the config to it? Or did you use a different sort of backup?

I do see that some of the license fields are different in powered by (no VM license field for instance) so makes sense that there are some differences.

Did you do all this on the same version or did you upgrade the new server to 11.1 first? Just curious.

Manual backup for config, voicemail full backup and restore but just in case there is trouble do a manual backup for everything as well.
Better to have than need.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back