Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerCobol V4 & Windows 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyline

Programmer
Sep 30, 2001
GB
After reading and following the Windows 2000 Compatibility Tips my PowerCobol V4 project still won't run on Windows 2000. The initial error message "NT Service Pack 3 must be installed" has disappeared but starting the project flashes something on the screen too quickly to read and then ends. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I hope someone can answer this because a friend has just come across the same problem. CobolNovice

Fujitsu claims no compatibility with Windows 2000 until version 5.0. I'm afraid the only real soultion is to upgrade to a current release.

Thanks Tromba, I've already tried that and the program still won't run. Looks like I need to upgrade to V6

Hello Keyline

You are right! It will be the best solution!
Remember an important thing: v6.1 is copy-protected with a particular code and you must register it connecting to Fujitsu registration server to obtain the site key to activate your software in your machine. Take a look at the installation or upgrade documents at Fujitsu site.
IMPORTANT!! Never use the KILL button (the KILL button is appliable ONLY the first time you install the product).
V6.1 can be installed ONLY on one machine.
If you need more copies you have to purchase another license again.
If you need further informations on how use the TRANSFER IN and TRANSFER OUT functions to transfer the license from one machine to another, please, don't hesitate to let me know.
I will try to help you with this operation.
(It can be dangerous!!)

Regards
Gianni

alias Tromba

Just Launch the autorun of the cd of fujitsu cobol4 under compatibility toolkit (WinNTSP5) and it will works well. :)

Baron greg writes;

"Just Launch the autorun of the cd of fujitsu cobol4 under compatibility toolkit (WinNTSP5) and it will works well."

Where do I get that toolkit please? CobolNovice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back