Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POWERCOBOL FORM WITH SCROLLS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsccdm

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
IT
I need use forms with scrolls bars as Microsoft forms 2.0 for office (for a very higth form data). Is possible create it on powerCOBOL V.6.1? or use the controls for Microsoft 2.0? I tried to do that but the controls don't works correctly (powercobol not recognizes scroll bar both,vertical,hor on those controls and scroll range).
Thanks
fsccdm

hi,
i'm using TAB control's when i have long forms. It is not possible in your app?
Regards

Jose
sikaga@hotmail.com
(i'm spanish speaker - excuse my bad english)

I have used TAB but It's not very nice. I should prefer If possible use a form with scrolls as office, it's more helpful for operator use.
I'm Italian speaker so excuse me for my bad English.
Fsccdm
Thanks

Hello

The TAB control can resolve a part of problem.
But i agree with with fsccdm.
There are a lot of activex/ocx that can do this, but they aren't compatible with Powercobol controls.
In fact they aren't scrollable and they remain in the same position you design them on form.
Unfortunately Fujitsu Powercobol don't support any type of scrolling form. I posted am ehnancement request to Fujitsu Support team. We hope to see it in the next version.

Gianni

Use a text-box with vertical scroll-bar, but first you have to click on multiline check-box and then go to Multiline label and click on vertical scroll bar

To robertocecchini
it's the same response that give me Gary Roush of support-adtools. It'valid only for text but not if you want insert controls at design time as you make with userform of vbasic of office. I post with tromba a request to Fujitsu for do that on next version of powerCobol.
Thanks
dario

Ciao Dario

Finalmente! Avevamo gia' capito che eri italiano...
Contattami all'indirizzo: softline2000@tin.it

Gianni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back