Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerCobol form all jumbled up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarSalesman

Programmer
Jul 8, 2004
US
I have been programming in Fujitsu PowerCobol for 4 or 5 years. Now using V6. I have a problem I've never seen before. I program and run on Windows PCs which are networked.

I have a form created in a project. The form displays fine on my development machine just fine (Win2000). It runs and displays fine on another machine that uses XP. When I execute the program on another XP computer, the form height/width are changed, and all the controls on the form are in mixed up positions. Fonts are all mixed sizes. Buttons are mixed sizes. Just a mess.

On that same XP computer, all my other forms work and are used every day, so its not the runtime installation or the comptuter's hardware.

The affected form works fine on other PCs, not just this one, so it would seem the program itself is OK.

Sounds like some kind of compatibility bug, but I've never seen it before.

HELP!

don

What is the ScaleMode property on the Coordinates tab of the form and controls set to? We've had trouble when this is set to pixels vs 1/20th points, particularly on laptops that have wide screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back