Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerbuilder 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevboac

Programmer
Jan 6, 2014
GB
Hi all,

I have been given a task to replace an old parts system and looking for the least expensive product to use.

I have found "New" copies of PB 5.0 for under 100$. I know it is old but the last application I wrote was on PB 4.0

I have tried learning visual C# and it is way to complicated for what I need. 4-5 screens 5 small tables, a few reports and we are done.

So after you stop laughing. Will PB 5.0 run on windows XP? I don't need more than a simple DB that comes with it.

The app is only going to run on 2-3 workstations and I have until the end of the month to complete, so I chose something I know, rather than trying to learn and work 60 hrs a week.

thanks kevin

PB 5? From what I remember there were some significant changes between the two (tabs being one). Are you going to write from scratch or migrate the PB4 app?

Don't know about running on XP

In any event, good luck.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Yes, it'll run fine on XP.

and by the way, how can anyone still make money selling copies of PB5 (legally?)

regards,
Miguel L.

Thanks..

Mostly used book stores, they get them donated and then they in turn sell them cheap.

Got a copy of pb 5.0 but it turned out to be an update, would not install without original version which I don't have...

Returned it and re-ordered from another book store...

thanks kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back