Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerbook G3 Pismo Won´t Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapmeteor

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
DE
I just exchanged the harddisc in my G3 400 Pismo Powerbook
and it won´t boot. All that happens is the green light on the
shift key lights up. Battery and power supply are functional. Even replacing the old harddisc doesn´t help. I´ve tried all types of resetting described on various forums to no avail. I unplugged the internal battery when exchanging the drive. Could this cause a problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem and fixed the problem only half-way. There is another post that has a buch of responses to pretty much the same question. Check it out for more info. What I did was pull out the battery, then take off the keyboard, and disconnect the power manager for a few minutes. Then re-connect it, put the keyboard back on and leave the battery out. Now try to boot. If it boots successfully, it should be safe to re-insert the battery and let it charge. This worked for me, but I have other problems. When my computer does boot up it gets to a blank grey screen, and stops. Hope this helps you out - good luck!

Check both ends of the hard drive cable for damage & check that they are seated correctly. Also can you boot from CD (Hold 'c' key at power on)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back