Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power4+ performance in tpmc for a 1.45 Ghz processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barn

Technical User
Feb 22, 2002
FR
Hello,

I cannot find on the web the performance, in term of tpmc, for a 1.45 Ghz power4+ processor that you can find on a BULL PL820 (or the equivalence for IBM). The server is not longer available on the Bull's site.

Can somebody help me?

Barn.
IBM Certified -- ls command user

There is some old power4 stuff still available on the IBM site but they are not keen on quoting tpmc figures, most doc's are just showing a '-' for the tpmc figure.

I presume you know how to search the IMB site...

As we know the IBM search function is about as much use as a bicycle to a goldfish but...

Our nice friends at google have done the job properly for IBM and even better the very nice people at google have blessed us with a means to use their search engine to search just one domain:

In the search box (on google.com) precede your search argument with:
site:ibm.com
and they will just display their results for the domain names / URLs that end in ibm.com - brilliant!(as we know when using the IBM site we can end up with all sorts of rubbish before the ibm.com bit but at least that bit is constant. It works for all URLs, give it a try.) So you might think would be OK but most support links go to some thing like etc.

you get about 20 hits for:
site:ibm.com power4 tpmc 1.45ghz
but as I say, IBM are not too fond of posting tpmc figures.

Good luck.

Thanx for the answer.
Endeed I didn't find anything else that kind of processor.

Barn.
IBM Certified -- ls command user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back