Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power went off and wiped out Dispatch Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errika

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
US
Hello hello. We have Starplus DHS with Dispatch voicemail. The other night due to a storm our power went out for at least 3 hours. Wiped out our voicemail. When I hit FEA 64 or MSG to access the voicemail it says NO VM PORT. So, there is nothing. We have tried turning it on and then off again at the box. That didn't do anything. What I'm wondering is if we are going to have to start from the beginning and reinstall the whole thing? Any ideas on what we can do? When we came to this office voicemail was already set up, we just had to finagle it a little to meet our needs. Appreciate any help or advice in advance.

Thanks!
Errika

it sound like the hard disk crashed.....

hope you are sitting down in a comfortable chair.....

you know what comes next....

Well, I've been reading the Dispatch manual. I've followed it step by step to set up voicemail, turned the port back on at each station etc...but, now when I hit MSG or FEAT 64 it does a voicecall.

SO, what comes next? I really just think it all needs to be reinstalled, and if this is the case, well a good old fashioned answering machine will do the trick for me.

It sounds like your DHS needs to be reprogrammed, not your Dispatch. Plug an analog line (like your fax line) in to the Dispatch and call it. If it answers, the Dispatch is ok.

The DHS's have a history of loosing programming. If your KSU is several years old, you may need a new memorey battery.

Errika:

I totally agree with nfcphoneman as I have reprogrammed the DHS telephone system sooo many times and the Dispatch never lost it's proramming. The Dispatch manual has all of the programming for the telephone system in the from under System #106 (I think that's it) or it will show DHS 106 or something like that. It's either 2 or 3 pages that will step you through all of the programming for the DHS. Once that is complete, the very last item under the DHS programming is how to program the mailbox key back on the telephone. Let me khow if you need any assistance with this one!

Alright, so I followed the step by step guide and voicemail is set up again. However, when I dial into it the little voicemail fairy says..."Please check your information and call back".

Any ideas?

ok...I gave it another go, flipped the switch on and off a few times and we have success.

Thanks for all of your help.

You're a star in my flashlight.

is this a question or a statement?

Hi hi. So, it seemed that in theory our voicemail worked. We can get into it, change things etc. However, it never picks up. When someone calls in and if the phone is not answered it just rings and rings and rings some more.

Due to past experience with this phone, I am a little paranoid to get into the system and poke around.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Errika:

Go to: System Applications, Station Hunt Groups and find the voicemail group, go to ringing and make the ringing Day/Nite or Both on all lines depending on when you want the attendant to answer. This will cause the lines to ring the Auto-Attendant. If you select Day, the AA will answer in the Day mode. Nite will cause the AA to answer only when you turn on Night service and Both and AA will answer all the time. I hope that this helps and let me know if you need further assistance with this!

Yes, thanks again for all of your help. You are always bailing me out.

I think our phone going awol was the best thing that could've happened for it. Now we can program it the right way. Start fresh.

Thanks again! I appreciate it.

Errika:

How's the system? Are you back up and everything working propery? I haven't seen anything for you since 7/28/04 and was checking up on you! Let me know how things are going!

The system is working good. It was nice that it got wiped out because it was so bogged down with bad programming. We now started off fresh and programmed in what we wanted. Thank you again for all of your help. Its never worked so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back