Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power supply in a Fujitsu Siemens

Status
Not open for further replies.

finast

Technical User
Apr 5, 2003
US
I have a Scenic 300 EB. I know they are low cost business machines but it's a nice little P3 700. I got it unused for $50.00, so what the H. The only problem I have is the power supply. I want to add a CD-RW in addition to the CD-ROM I put in it (it didn't come with one). Maybe an extra HD as well. The supply is only 4.2 amps on the +12V and it has 10 amp 3.4V instead of 3.3. The color coding is different also. I can trace (meter) the colors to see if they match up but is the 3.4V going to be a problem. I thought if I went up to around 20 AMP on that it may compensate somewhat. Am I dreaming or what. It does have the standard 20 pin ATX.

bah, no edit function.

anyways, I think you'd be better off dishing out the $40-50 for a new PSU. that one sounds weak. but definitely use a multimeter on the lines to make sure they're the proper ATX voltages, else you're screwed.

I've been to the Fujitsu Siemens site and tried to track parts but thier support is very limited in the US. I think thier home base is in Germany. Lots of pages in German. I guess I'll hold off or part it out online. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back