Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Point Outline/Slides Pane shows only Outline

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefl

Technical User
May 19, 2002
US
When I open a PowerPoint presentation the pane on the left side of the screed where normally there are two tabs, Outline and Slides and a close button, there is nothing and the view in the pane outline. I have worn out the View Normal button and looked everywhere I can think of and the tabs have not appeared. I am using Office XP on a W2K machine connected to a W2K Server. I have opened the file on other PC’s and everything is fine. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Hi Chiefl,

Try this,

click on view , and then on the top option, "restore panes"

Hope this helps

Mike

Thanks for the idea. I did not get a restore panes as an option. I read through several of the PowerPoint related issues and one of them mentioned a detect and repair under the help menu. I tried that, had a prblem because of the way Office had been installed over the network, but after that was corrected PowerPoint did a detect and repair and everything returned to normal.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back