Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power off Mermail Module without throwing a column light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

endurevp

Technical User
Sep 15, 2005
US
I would like to power off the mermail module but don't want to throw a column light. We put in a server based mail. Mermail is the bottom module in a column so it will just sit there until I can convert it to an IPE module. Is there a way to turn the module OFF without throwing the column light?

disable TTY 0 and you'll be good to hook. (if correct install, tty 0 is always sys mon)

Mato' Was'aka

try pulling the system monitor from that column

incase you do not know - ld 37 dis tty 0 <enter>

answer Y

Mato' Was'aka

My bad. should have read deeper. I'm sure you don't want sysmon off for the system. You can shut it down without firing off the sysmon light.

Mato' Was'aka

yes, the monitor card at the bottom on that col.. pull it hot.. then disable the xms tty, and move the j5 j6 cables to bypass that col.. do you have a ipe conversion kit? i was told that they could not be ordered from nortel anymore. i wanted one for my old mermail cabinets two years ago. i know on the older 61 to 81 upgrade packages you used to get one but not anymore.

if i need to replace a fan unit, i pull that monitor card, leave the col up, replace the fan unit and plug it back in.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john we upgraded to 4.5 about 1 1/2 years ago and it came with an IPE mod. Maybe they want sell the mod by itself they want you to upgrade..

not surprised, my eng is not the best i've ever met

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

endurevp...i just did the same thing at a hospital
what i did was to del aml link and all info from
mermail then power it off take out all the cards
but leave the power supply in the the shelf with
the power on you should not have any problems.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Turn off and REMOVE all of the power supplies on the MerMail shelf.

The system monitor woun't light if they're not plugged in.
All of the other cards can either stay in or be unseated/removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back