Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power issue with laptop (URGENT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminat

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2003
CA
Hi All,
Could someone please help me with this problem.
I have a laptop that will not take AC power I have tried different AC adapters still no solution.It only runs on battery and the battery is totally down now.
What could be the problem and possible solution.
Please, help

I've had the same problem before with other power convertors. Have you tried getting support from IBM? It may be that you need a specific amount of power, try calling their support department and asking them about it. They might be able to help you.

John D. Saucier
jsauce@magicguild.com
Certified Technician
Network Administrator

If the ibm power supply is good and won't power the laptop then on this model the system board should be replaced.

rclarke250 is right. I own 3 IBM systems myself, and have worked with about 20 others. I know that IBM WILL help you out with it. Just call their tech-help line. the number is at
If they can't help you fix it, and the system is under warranty, they will either repair your system, exchange it, or refund your money. How long have you owned the laptop and how long was the warranty valid for?

ComputerCop911
ASP/HTML Programmer, Knowledgeable Computer Network/Hardware/Software Geek ;-)

just break out with the ol volt meter tester and see if you have good voltage from the power adapter, if not there is the issue, another thing to check is if you are getting current from the charger, then check to make sure your power insertion point is not lose or broken on the rear of the laptop. if it is, lets hope you still have the unit under warranty

yeah I have my A+, Network +, SAIR, MCP, MCSE and one of them lil things you know a CCNA but the real question is, Buddy can you spare a dime?

if it's a 2652 it has 1 year,if it's 2653 or 2654 then it has 3 years warranty. 1-800-ibm-serv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back