Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power issue on compact core (option 81 or 61)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdabson

Technical User
Jan 14, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a very odd issue, I have installed 2 compact core/net units into our lab (redeploy from old sites previously working)
the unit powers fine and all the cCNI, SUTL & disk units power correctly
but the CPU slot doesn't show any LEDs to indicate power

if the cCNI cards are placed they will power up & the RED LED is seen, when a CPU is inserted either CPP2 or CPP4 the RED led on the cCNI will go out but the CPU card will not show any power.

I have tried 3 different CPP2/4 cards to test the slot and none of them power on.

The cards are know to work
All UEMs power corretcly
Breakers in the Pedestal check out
all cables are correctly seated

I have 2 core units install both have the same fault

I can't see what I have done wrong but any suggestions would really be appreciated.

I think it will be I am seeing what I expect not what is there, so has anyone experienced a similar problem & fixed it?

cheers

Barry

you may have a wrong power supply. for the compact core they changed to support power on those slots. Compact cores also needed new Sys Mon cards, the AD vintage.

CPP2/CPP4 must use CA vintage power supply. It might damage your CPP2/4 cards using AD vintage....

Villareal

no AD on power supply. on the system monitor. it was used to light the blue nortel network light on the new top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back