Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power failure problem

Pocopelo

Programmer
Jun 20, 2023
US
Nec SL 2100 after power failure loosing all licenses. Does anybody experienced the same and what is the solutions.Had 2 systems do the same

You should be able to get the license file from the LMS or your service provider. I've never known a 2100 to lose licences after a power fail.

I did get the license files from NEC Support and was able to correct the problem. I was just wandering if anybody else experienced this issue.
The phones show this msg

Attachments

• license.jpg
    license.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10
From memory I think that's the resource licence. I wouldn't expect to see that on an sl but check 10-54

No those are the licenses for the DT 920's and they also lost sip trunk licenses

I've also never had an SL lose it's licenses even when I remove the CPU memory battery to replace it! I would be speaking to TAC re a possible faulty CPU.

I think firmware 5.30 corrects that issue

actually 5.21.01 does. But 5.30 should also

That is what tech support told me. I did upgraded both systems and uploaded license file I got from NEC,,,,,,,,, just wandering what is going to happen when they close shop at the end of the year ,,,I have a few systems with DT920's and Sip trunks😒😒

They don't close shop at the end of the year, They cease sales of hardware! Support will be available till 2030 and they will be selling cloud based systems ongoing which they may well offer a migration path to.

on a different topic, I just (literally) found I can change the text color from the washed out grey using the pallete above! And it is easier to read in bold!

no I understand, but where are we going to get the hardware if you run into a problem like I did. I was told that they only going to supply licenses files to a new CPU's

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back