Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

power dvd 4.0 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enric

Technical User
Nov 16, 2003
GB
Hello,
basically what happens is everytime I put in a dvd no matter what the region is, I either get a message saying: disk with unsupported format in drive:d or DVDerror code:89020003 playback is inhibited due to scratched or damaged disk

I was running power dvd 4.0 at the time, I have already tried installing 5.0 and it still gives me the same problem...I have tried installing 4.0 again and using a patch but again there is no improvement...

you might also be interested to know that I was running a DVD region free trial and after I uninstalled the problems started to occur

cheers

go into device manager and make sure there isn't a virtual device in there that was created by DVD Region Free that may be interfering with your dvd-rom drive.

Marc

thanks

i'll check it, and i'll let you know

I fix it but i had to re install windows xp :(

Actually was a bit more complicate it I had to go to device manager and change transfer mode to PIO instead of DMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back