Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power consumption of Partner system

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLVtelephoneman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
Has anyone measured the power consumption of a Partner system with 5 or so cards, one of which is Partner Messaging? We'd like to get a UPS, and I was wondering what size we need. Thanks!

go to the APC site they have a size finder I think they recommond 1500 va for the partner fully carded

we have been using apc 1500 we get at sams for 125.00 ...works well

The Release 6 manual for ACS says that the maximum power consumption of a proccessor is 45 watts, and no more than 40 watts for any module. So, maximum power draw is likely to be not more than 205 watts.

I would suspect that messaging would draw more than a 308 since there is a hardrive involved

the APC site comes up with 407 watts for partner with messaging

We normally size these on run time rather than power output. The customer who wants a long runtime gets a bigger UPS. It's really the battery size we're after. I'm sure the APC site has enough stats. Keep in mind the battery becomes less efficient as time goes on.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back