Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Builder 7 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpaul012

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2013
US
I am using a very old version of power builder, power builder 7. I am having issues compiling in my dev environment. When I compile my solution on dev the solution work, but when I move the PBDs to production they don't work. The changes I am making are simple application updates, anyone have suggestions, I'm not too well versed in Power Builder so it may be me compiling incorrectly.

When you say they "don't work" what do you mean? Are you getting some sort of error? Are your changes not reflected in the new build?

Please provide more detail.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

I agree with Matt... More detail is needed, especially if there's an error.

The first thing I always check is what is checked to compile as a PBD versus EXE. If the main library does not have the PBD box checked, then it will not create a PBD file for it... So if there's any objects in that main library (like in the application open event), they will not be updated on your production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back