Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Postscript commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
AU
Hi All,
Would someone be able to help me with 2 postscript commands. I need to know the commands to make a page landscape and the command to make it portrait.
We have some Mainframe based applications that used to go through good old controllers to good old Xerox printers, but we are now converting to HP's, we can get the output to the printer legibly but it comes out in portrait (printer default) and we need landscape. This happens on both a laserjet 5 So if anyone knows the commands or can point me in the direction of some doco I'd be very gratefull.
Also does anyone use the rotate90 command ?
Thanks,
Steve.

You can control page size with the setpagedevice operator:

Code:
% Portrait
<< /PageSize [612 792] >> setpagedevice

% Landscape
<< /PageSize [792 612] >> setpagedevice

You mention "commands"... that's not a PostScript term. Perhaps you're thinking of HP's PJL job control commands?

Those will work for you too:

Code:
@PJL ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT

Thomas D. Greer

Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Thanks,
Yes, I got picked up on the command thing on Friday night ! Thanks for the code above, I'll give it a try. We just have one legacy inhouse application on the mainframe that will get to the hp's but not do landscape, we just need to get the code in there ! We have most other things over, but we've come from the controller/co-ax/3270 Xerox printer and mini-server base and it amazes me we've gotten this far !!
So thanks again.
Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back