Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Postnet Active-X control for Bulk mailings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcrawford46

Programmer
Sep 19, 2002
US
I need an Active-X control for an Access Report (label) to meet bulk mailing specifications. Suggestions please? Thanks.

what do you want the activex control to do? Barcodes? eStamps?
There are millions of things activex can do, can you be more specific?

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara
David W. Fenton said:
We could be confused in exactly the same way, but confusion might be like Nulls, and not comparable.

I need to print the postnet bar code on labels from Access rather than using Word.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of what PostNET was. Correct me if I'm wrong, PostNET barcodes encode the zip code of an address, so it can scan easier.
If this is the case, you don't need an activex control, you can just format a text field with the correct font. There are plenty out there, I googled [google]postnet barcode[/google] and came up with They do have an activex component, but I'd say you're better off just using the font.

hth

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara
David W. Fenton said:
We could be confused in exactly the same way, but confusion might be like Nulls, and not comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back