Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

posting query results on internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekboy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2002
US
I have a query whos results i currently export to excel and then manually save as a web page and save in my folder so our clients can see their inventory. I would like to automate this. I could have the query post directly on the internet through a macro(using the output to function), however I need to put the time the file was created on the web page also. Any suggestions.

cheers.

here's an idea.

within your query, create a calculation field for time.

in the field area, in a new/blank column, do not select a field from the table, but enter something like this:

Time: Now()

When you run the query it will display the current date and time. The only problem is that it will show the time for every record.

Could you create and export a report instead, and have its record source be your query? Then, in the header of the report insert a textbox bound to the Time field we created above, or simply insert "= Now()" in the control source (for the latter there would be no need to create the time calc within your query).

hope this helps you.

Well, in all fairness, your suggestion worked. However, the query has 200 or so rows in it. Thats okay on a query since it saves it as a one page html file with several rows. However, the report wants to devide these rows into pages. When i save it as html through the output to function in the macro, it creates 14 pages. So the new problems are these:

1. how do i get the report to come out as one page across and one page down?

Thanks for your help. Like I said, your suggestion worked.
I should probably create a whole new thread fro this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back