Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Posting Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecdn

Programmer
Oct 28, 2003
CA
I'm hoping this is something easy ... I'm planning on doing some travelling and I thought it would great to put together a web page that will allow me to post journal entries. Something that everyone will be able to see. Is there a way to set this up in Dreamweaver? I don't want it to be complex. Hopefully, this can be a straight HTML thing. Anyway, any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance

If you are familiar with html, most hosts will allow you to load your pages in a text area, you could then just edit the page by hand.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Thanks ... but anything easier than that? I am familiar with HTML and that's kind of tedious way to do it ... also realize I will be travelling, so I won't have my own computer with me ... it'll be internet cafe's all the way. I will have a place to host it, so all I'll need to do is go to the site and maybe click on a link that only I know to fill in the info. Would a form work for that? If so, how can I submit it to the main page that everyone can see?

you could just build a simple database driven site that displays the records in reverse order and have a form that submits entries to the database, then as you said you just visit a page that has the form and insert record behaviour on it and your latest episode appears.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back