Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Posting interrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

villica

Programmer
Feb 25, 2000
CA
Hi everyone
we have 2 batches are stuck in the batch recovery windows. When you try to get them out there it goes about 5% and then it gives the error message "posting interrupted"

The cheques were all printed but I believe that the batch was only partially posted.
Is there a way to run an edit report that will give messages as to which distribution or transactions are causing this batch to fail posting

I have reset the batch to status 0 in the sy00500. These batches do not exist in the sy00800 table so I am not sure what to make out it.

checklinks is not an option as in our environment it take over 15 hours to run(it looks like maintenance has never been done). We are upgrading to DAx next week.

villica

In similar situations when a cheque batch has gone into batch recovery, attempting the recovery will fail again.

Usually I have found that between building the cheque batch and posting, a Vendor has been put on hold.

The only solution that I have that works, is to reset the batch status (as you have), then print out the edit list and manually check each vendor on the edit list in the Vendor Maintenance window. Once satisfied, then attempt to post again.

-------
Robert

Hi Robert

thank you. I printed the edit list and I did not see anything on the messages portion of the report. I will look one more time.

villica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back