Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Posting Form To Another Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheConeHead

Programmer
Aug 14, 2002
US
How do I post (send form variables) to another aspx page? I try to change the action, but it always comes back to the same page - I want to send form values to another page....

[conehead]

The action should do it if the submit event gets fired.

If more than 1 goose are geese, why aren't more than 1 moose meese??

This is only built in if you are using version 2.0 of the framework. Are you?

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Hello. I have the same question, and I'm using ver 1.1 (I think.. I'm sure it's not 2)... I wanto to send an user and status to another page, using POST. I add the "action=MyPage.aspx" in the HTML part of the code, but when I compile my "action" dissapears. There must be a way to transfer data between pages without session vars. How can I do that?

Use a query string or viewstate or session state or server.transfer

you can use context and do a server.transfer which will allow your variables to follow if the page you are wanting to post to is on the same server or you can use javascript to change the action of the form. Using the javascript option will allow you to post to another server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back