Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post thorugh GL does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

swabunn

Technical User
Jan 25, 2006
CA
GP: 8:00
SQL Server 2003

In our posting setup we have selected 'post to general ledger','post thorough general ledger files'and create a journal entry per: we have selected 'transaction' not batch because we want GL entry for each transaction, not in suumary.

Every time, the user post in the subledger, it create JE in the GL and it does not directly post in to GL?

What are missing here, please help?

swabunn

If you post at the Transaction level in the subledger (i.e. post without saving the trx in a batch) it will not post through the GL. It will always just create the JE transaction in GL even though you've selected 'Post To' and 'Post Through' in Posting Setup. Then you have to select the batch in GL and post it again.

I know it does not make sense but that's the way it works. I'm still waiting for the day when this changes.

when you post from the subledger do you post from a batch or you post one transaction at a time? Is your General trx in GL also set to post Trhought?

We post in the subledger in the batches, rarely in one transaction at a time.

yes, our posting is set up as post through general ledger files, post to general ledger

Thanks

-Swabunn

Do you have any batches stuck in 'Batch Recovery'?

No, nothing is in batch recovery.

If there are no errors on the batch in GL the only other thing I would suggest that you double check the Posting Setup.

Select the series and transaction and make sure that Post To and Post Through is checked for each series and trx combination.

After that limit access to the Posting setup screen to just yourself and see what happens.

what kind of transactions are you having some issues because some transactions don't really post-through like voiding documents in RM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back