Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post then redirect to another site with another Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1biscuit

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
Here is what I am needing to do.
Customer enters information into our asp page. They click a button (or submit) and then the information gets saved to our database. Then the user gets sent to a url or another site that needs the same form information that we just saved to the database in our post. The other site needs to access the data with request.form which means that they need a post to them.

Thanks
Thom

Why don't you try and run a select statement against the database and grab the info you just added to it, in the page the user is redirected to.

OR

You can store the values the customer entered that were sent to the database in variables and then use those variables to build a querystring you append to the URL.

They are probably many more ways to do what you need but you will have to decide which works best for you. I hope this at least gets you thinking.

yep !

Are you absolutely sure you want to use request.form instead of request.querystring ? The second is just
simple and i have used it a couple of times in some
marketing associate programs.

sEnterDataForm.asp
the customer enters his info needed by company A for marketing purposes. He submits this form to :

pEnterDataForm.asp
which : a) retrieves the variabels, b) stores them
in the database c) calls an asp page from company
B like bcompany.asp?name=bla&postalcode=1111&etc=etc.
(the other side parses this info and uses it).

Other solutions:

a) ftp/mail the databaserecords/XML
b) setup a webservice
c) host the pages for company B
d) etc...

Edward@de-leau.com

I don't want to put the information in the url. Not fond of displaying name, address, phone number, social security number over the url.

Web Services Huh... I heard that was much easier in .Net? You have me thinking. But I still think there is an easy way.
My latest thought was
-submit the page.
-store info in the database.
-build the page to send
-use javascript to submit the desired page to the other company.

Thanks for the quick responses.....
Thom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back