Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Job .bat will not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujump

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
US
Hello all,
I'm running Windows Ent. SP2, I've got a simple .bat file that I set up as a post job on Backup Exec. 10d and will not run no matter what I try. Any help would be appricated, thanks.

Verify- D: Storage -
Error: Could not start Post Job Command
<
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\sqlclean.bat
>
. Error (1314): A required privilege is not held by the client.

Thanks for the tip.........but already tried and "failed". An other ideas?

Is the post file being run on the local media server or a remote agent server

Sorry I guess my initial post was not clear enough, the path to the .bat file is in:

It's location is directly on the Backup Exec server, and thats all this server is doing (running BkExc exclusively).....I'm guessing it's running on the local media server?

This is the error I'm getting: Still haven't resolved it.

Job Operation - Verify

Drive and media mount requested: 10/8/2007 5:22:06 AM
Drive and media information from media mount: 10/8/2007 5:22:09 AM
Drive Name: Daily SQL - QMB2D01
Media Label: B2D013389
Media GUID: {66566966-f7a3-46b3-8515-f22bf53a902c}
Overwrite Protected Until: 10/22/2007 4:31:04 AM
Appendable Until: 12/30/9999 6:00:00 PM

Set Information - D: Storage
Verify Set Information
Verify of "D: Storage"
Backup set #16 on storage media #879
Backup set description: "Daily SQL - QMB2D01"

Verify started on 10/8/2007 at 5:22:09 AM.

Verify Set Detail Information
Drive and media mount requested: 10/8/2007 5:22:46 AM
Drive and media information from media mount: 10/8/2007 5:22:49 AM
Drive Name: Daily SQL - QMB2D01
Media Label: B2D013391
Media GUID: {d3cdb853-22d-8559-be8d001d8455}
Overwrite Protected Until: 10/22/2007 4:32:00 AM
Appendable Until: 12/30/9999 6:00:00 PM

Verify completed on 10/8/2007 at 6:00:33 AM.

Verify Set Summary
Verified 28 files in 19 directories.
0 files were different.
Processed 58,828,272,544 bytes in 35 minutes and 36 seconds.
Throughput rate: 1576 MB/min

Starting Post Job Command < C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\sqlclean.bat >
-
Error: Could not start Post Job Command < C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\sqlclean.bat >. Error (1314): A required privilege is not held by the client.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Monday, October 08, 2007 at 6:00:34 AM
Completed status: Successful

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Verify- D: Storage -
Error: Could not start Post Job Command
<
>
. Error (1314): A required privilege is not held by the client.

Still trying to deal whith this issue, is there now resolve to it? Please give me some ideas, I've been running this script manually for weeks now and it's getting old.

Thanks in advance.

What are the contents of sqlclean.bat? Do the commands in it occur on a different server?

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Its just a simple (after backup) robocopy/dos clean up script run locally. See below.

REM Script to copy and delete SQL files after veritas backup.
REM Job Defenitions Below

ROBOCOPY "D:\Backup\SQL" "\\backup04\put\in-line\sql" /MIR /ZB /R:5 /TEE /LOG+:"D:\batchfiles\sqlcleanlog.txt"

REM /MIR : MIRror a directory tree - equivalent to /PURGE plus all subfolders (/E)
REM /ZB : use restartable mode; if access denied use Backup mode
REM /R:5 : number of Retries on failed copies
REM /TEE : output to console window, as well as the log file

del D:\backup\SQL\* /q /s /f

REM DOS Commands
REM /q : Quiet mode, do not ask if ok to delete on global wildcard
REM /s : Delete specified files from all subdirectories
REM /f : Force deleting of read-only files.

LawnBoy, to answer your question yes. The Script copys local files to another server using robocopy. Then the script deletes the SQL files after copy to prepare/cleanup folder for next day backup.

OK. Is BE running as a system account? If so, the system account has no rights to anything other than the local machine. It does not have the rights to use the network, and cannot copy those files to another machine.

You may have the rights to run the batch file, but do not have the rights to perform what the batch file specifies.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

No, BE is not running as a system account, it's setup to log in as a domain admin. Weird thing is, when I run the .bat file manually it completes with out a single problem of permissions, copy, deletion, etc.

Thanks to all in advance for help on this.

when I run the .bat file manually it completes with out a single problem of permissions, copy, deletion, etc.

That pretty much proves it's a BE permissions issue. Check that all the BE services (there's 5 or 6 of them) are running under accounts that have the correct permissions. Offhand I don't recall which service would be trying to run you post job, but it might be the Remote Agent which always installs under the System account.

Gee's..........what a chore, just to run a "simple" bat file. The BE Server is running all service under domain/admin. Come to think of it, the remote computer I'm trying to copy to using the bat file has never need any client isntalled just to by using a simple bat/robocopy file. I've done it many times before with no problems. Now BE is trying to run it and big problems. I guessing BE talks it itself and says "okay I'm BE and going to run this bat file but I'm the big man here so, remote computer, I'm telling you to run this bat file, and the remote machine replys "go fly a kit dude". I'm I missing somehting. Very disapointed in BE.

Thanks.

I would have to see some debug from the job. There is a permision problem someplace or the default logon account under network logon account is not right. Your default account should be the "Systemj Logon Account" and username should be in the format of domainame\username. This should be the same user as the backup exe services are starting as. On your remote server the remote agent should be running as local system. You can run the sgmon utility on the media server to capture the debug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back